Saturday, November 21, 2009

Sheer frustration

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

I'm fuming. What a display by Dirk Kuyt. Call him Mr Duracell or whatever, for me, I have hardly wanted him in the squad!. Sure he does run a lot, but he's a striker for heaven's sake. Once, Torres was injured and he was made the lone striker. Being Mr Duracell, he wasn't even a threat, making things better, he was at times seen helping the defenders. We applaud his workrate, but that's not why he is paid for.

His display tonight was a shame. He's a man with good personality of course. Does this matter on the field? It does, but it means little if you have little skills to light up the match.

I do not hate players per se. At the end of the day, your goal statistics matter. Aye?

I am no different in comparison to other Koppites. We share the same frustration.

So do the Irish fans. Classic Mr Cantona comments,

"What shocked me most wasn't the handball, honestly," said Cantona. "What shocked me most was that at the end of the match, in front of the television cameras, this player (Henry) went and sat down next to an Irish player to console him, even though he'd screwed them three minutes earlier.

"If I'd been Irish, he wouldn't have lasted three seconds."

It's a bitter pill to swallow now eh Henry, coming from your fellow countryman?

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I'm frustrated. I'm tired.

till next time,
assalamualaikum

No comments: