Monday, November 16, 2009

Ecstatic/Euphoric

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

I have been working in the government hospital for close to 9 months now. I suppose my 3 year stint in NZ has largely influenced the way I work and think.

I'm now in my 2nd week of my 3rd posting. I am now placed at Accident&Emergency. I still find it weird to be known as Dr Azri.

In NZ, Dr Azri is only reserved for me if I ever become a Consultant. In Malaysia, I suppose it's the pride of 'Oh, I'm a Doctor, therefore people must address me as Dr. X'. Even if you are only in Day 1! Whichever way you want to address me, I will not turn my back on you. On the whiteboards, many House Officers(junior doctors) will leave their name and phone no as Dr X - 019-2222222. For me, it's written by me this way - Azri - 019 2222 222. Easy, no?

It also makes me restless that I have to put on my white coat on daily basis. I think it's better not to mention why. During my medical student days, white coat was never compulsory. We go to hospital with our normal formal working attires.

By no means I want to say the practices here are bad. I love my job. If I was only given a chance to state my reason for coming back, it has to be none other than my love to this country. Here in Malaysia, terima kasih means much better than thank you. I am posted a district hospital, and I am thankful to Allah for whatever He has given to me.

Now that it is my 9th month in Hospital Kulim, I find that I have done more things(procedures) in comparison to my colleagues in NZ and Australia. I don't know much about UK, Scotland or Ireland. Here in Kulim also we don't have too many house officers (which is good of course)!

So, is Malaysia a bad place? No at all!

Afiq, Yan, Yop, Keri, Tapa, Pokeh, Ikram, Rafi, Mr Big Shot, Akak, Huzaimy - 2006

My 3 year stint in NZ has also made very happy when NZ All Whites have qualified for next year's World Cup 2010 in South Africa. Well done! Who knows, if they know how to do 'Haka' well, they might scare off Brazil and go all the way to win the World Cup. lol! talking about fantasy eh?

Malaysia - New Zealand All Whites 2006.

Congrats again to the All Whites!! It's a sheer joy to us who spent a minimum 3 years in NZ.



I need to stop writing now. I am on call tonight.

till next time,
assalamualaikum

p/s having said whatever I have said above, I know I am far from becoming a perfect person. =) and =(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now keep it up!