Tuesday, December 01, 2009

Goreng Pisang/Pisang Goreng

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

I realise that some people are less fortunate than the others. Put it this way, aren't we so often being ungrateful to know that many times we ride on luck to earn things we don't actually deserve?

I was having my lunch at Dinas tonight. What made TV3 cover this news is beyond my knowledge. This time they reported that the son of our legendary P. Ramlee is working his socks off as a cleaner to earn some money. He replies back with 'this is halal'.

I suppose he never imagined before that he would end up this way. Especially, having a father who rose to the lifestyle of rich and famous.

I pity him. I look at myself, I have earned relatively better that some people can only imagine. Yet, I thank Allah very little. To make it worse, we constantly add bad deeds added to our accounts.

Nobody wants to lead a poor quality life. Life is more laid back here in NZ, as that English lady once said to me.

One thing we are lacking here is effort. We lack knowledge also. We seem to be adapting well to bad Western cultures, when it is the good ones that we need the most, in order for us to progress and stand tall. We succeed in fields we should not have. Clubbing, smoking, drugs, you name it, we are there.

Remp-It

I am on call today. I am covering A&E tonight, and expecting a lot of trauma cases, since the rain was pretty heavy in the evening. If we are on call, we are given a break of 7 hours in the middle. So I went out to get some goreng pisang(ke pisang goreng?). I honestly don't know what me made think of this,but for how long this is pakcik is going to do this? Goreng Pisang for the rest of his life?

I think the day when our mindset needs to change should come earlier. We can't afford to wait for things to change, and we should instead be the ones to initiate the change.

1 day, personally, I want to see the Muslims, and the Malays here in Malaysia to be able to stand stall without the help of Malay's Special Rights.

I also personally think that I need to get rid of my laziness before I start preaching.

I'm off to work.

till next time,
assalamualaikum
I

3 comments:

Farah Aiman said...

pisang goreng :)

Iza said...

saya setuju banget dr. jeghi! good thinking

Unknown said...

farah: mgkn gak.xde lak org makan 'goreng ayam' kan.lol!

dian: lol! wishful thinking sebenarnye.