Wednesday, December 02, 2009

Gasping

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

I meant to blog about something else yesterday, but I completely forgot about it. So here it goes..

Just like any other days, I left for work at 7.50 a.m. yesterday. I saw a few non-emergency cases at the beginning, and suddenly a young lady came in with suspected Pulmonary Embolism. As usual, ABG is one of the first many things you perform. Funny thing is, being in district hospital, it so happened yesterday that 2 out of 3 ABG machines were out of order. So there was only 1 left in I'm-not-going-to-mention-which-ward.

To add salt to the wound, there was no doctor in the ward because everyone was attending a teaching session. I gave them a call, asking them to lend a junior doctor to help me with the ABG. They were going to say yes, only to be stopped by their seniors who persistently insisted them to stay for the session. Reason given was it's an academic session so nobody has the right to stop them.

My goodness, the patient was fighthing for her breath!

I was disappointed with the answer given. If their sister was suffering the same, I would probably not entertain their request if I was in a teaching session. I suppose it's fair, is it not?

The only positive note to be noted was few doctors returned immediately to the ward right after the session finished.

If only everyone realises that man made rules should be flexible.

Alhamdulillah, the patient's condition turned out not as serious as many had tought.

I suppose we ought to remember that we are not always lucky. Lady luck can turn her back on anyone anytime anywhere.

I'm off,

till next time,
assalamualaikum
p/s: kisah di atas tiada kaitan dengan sesiapa yang hidup atau telah mati.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Amiable dispatch and this enter helped me alot in my college assignement. Say thank you you on your information.