Saturday, December 26, 2009

Cheers

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

I had my on call last night, went home at 2 pm today and woke up at 6.30 pm. Lucky me, this time I decided to perform Solat Zuhur first.

We are close to bringing down the curtain of 2009. Time flies very fast to many, aye? It does not to me. If time was reversible, I'm pretty sure many would retract back 'time flies fast'. 26 years aren't short, so how can it be fast? I've had so many ups and downs, and yet I am still here.

I thank Allah for still giving me the chance to breath in the fresh morning air everyday. For many events that have taken place this year, I'm sure we have more reasons to smile and say Alhamdulillah, rather than to sulk.

As for me, every mistake is an opportunity to learn. When they say nobody is perfect, that means we need to be spending time learning everyday.

The biggest hiccup was probably the incident that happened in October. I recovered amazingly quick. It was never a 'tragedi oktober' or 'november rain' or 'my december' for me.

1 thing I learn everyday in A&E is do not take things for granted. Yesterday, a motorcyclist collided with another motorcyclist, and was rammed by a lorry subsequently. We tried for hours to resuscitate him, with bags of fluids and bloods going in, yet he passed away in the end.

Who knows, probably 2 hours earlier he was earning some extra money to help his family. Then, went home happily knowing he would be making wife happy. Suddenly, 1 drunken fella hit you from the back and you'd be fighting for your life the next second.

You see, this kind of story sells newspapers. The things that you do, you save lives, you build bridges or you predict a typhoon, these are ordinary stories.

Once, in the ward, all of us work for 4 hours to keep a patient alive. We were successful, and nobody thanked us. Did it matter? No. We were happy that he is still alive(if he still is).

There are events that have made my 2009 colourful. I will share more in my next entries okay.

till next time,
assalamualaikum

No comments: