Thursday, December 31, 2009

Closing time

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

2009 is very close to closing its curtain. It has finally reached the last day, and a brand new year will start tomorrow.

2009 marks a very special year to my life. This is the year where I took so many steps forward to maturity.

January
purely for holiday. I was back for good after a 3 year stint in NZ.

February
Where my career began, and I met a bunch of wonderful people in my Induction group.

March
I was posted to Kulim. I thank Allah that I was not sent somewhere else.

April - December
I am still here in Kulim. I remain to be the old me, with less interest in politics. The interest remains the same, but I am not that enthusiastic anymore in searching deeper than usual for the best news. My dislike for Utusan remains the same.

If I were to describe myself now, after 2009, the best word would probably (more) mature. I prefer to take things more calmly, wisely and more patiently. I can accept that Allah plans only the best for His faithfuls, only if we give the best of ourselves to Him.

2009 has also been colourful, in relative, where I braved myself to be in a relationship. It did not work out in the end, but I am thankful for what has been fated. For those who know me well, I am the type that previously was scared of commitment. I will not go into pages describing what I have done in the past, and it is none of anyone's business anyway.

2009 is also meaningful because it is when I took another step forward to maturity. I purchased my first ever car, with my own money.

In May, I travelled by air with family. I could not be prouder with the achievement to be the only Malay to walk down the aisle and stepped up to the stage to receive my scroll. I am out of words to describe how I felt, it was purely fantastic.

I hope to achieve more in 2010. To close 2009 with your boss' saying ' I am more than happy to accept you as A&E MO once you finish housemanship' is awesome. Though I am on call tonight, and undeniably busy expecting trauma cases, I can honestly say 2009 is a good year.

I keep no new resolutions for 2010. I know myself well. For everyone out there, you should have some. Make a standard for yourself, and there's nothing better than to know that you are better than what you think you are capable of.

My latest pic. I had dinner at Pizza before starting my on call very soon.


I close 2009 with one of my favourite songs,



Dashboard Confessional with Juli - Stolen.

HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYBODY!


till next time,
assalamualaikum

No comments: