Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mencetus pemikiran@300th

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

I was at home during the weekend. I tried using my P1 Wimax in Sg Buloh, but the outcome was not favourable. Hence the lack of updates. Sorry. I get restless just like to the many of you when I do not blog. hehe...not funny eh?

Really it was a rare occasion that I finally got the chance to meet my friends from Auckland. The last time was errrr, last year? Some of that have graduated, and some passed with extraordinary results. Congratulations to Syed Muhammad, who managed to obtain an A. Fantastic, to have an A in one of top 50 medical schools in the world!

Congrats to Dell and Helmy on your wedding!


I miss my time in Auckland. Auckland has taught me a lot of things. 1 of many was how to deal with things with evidence based. Regardless of the discipline, everything has got to have its reasons for its existence.

For example, financially it's a ridiculously big loss to treat URTI with antibiotics. Why, the number needed to treat(NNT) is too big to cure 1 case of URTI.

Same goes in dealing with religous matters. I learned that we are not obliged to 'amin' every supplication, post prayer especially. Qunut is never compulsory, and why reciting Yasin on friday night is just another Malay traditional custom. Not surprised eh?

It is not my intention to spark a debate or anything. It is important to note that everything has its reason why we do this and that. To the majority, following Quran and Sunnah is perhaps merely a saying. Literally they know what it means, but their mentality is shallow.

Same goes in the field of politics. To UMNO fans, UMNO is right and PAS is wrong. Vice versa to PAS supporters. There are 2 sides of each coin, and remember to judge both before making your decision.

The younger generation of Malaysians need to wake up.

till next time,
assalamualaikum

p/s this is my 300th entry. 40k visitors for 300 entries, not bad I suppose!

No comments: