Tuesday, January 05, 2010

2 steps 2 late

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

I had only 15 minutes of sleep on my on call session last night. Surprisingly enough, I still feel fresh at 11.30pm.

People have really got to stop smoking.

Last night, a 49 year old gentleman with smoking as the only risk factor for heart disease. He came in at 4 am with the complain of chest pain. ECG picked up a massive heart attack reading. He had no diabetes and high blood pressure. As we were treating him, his blood pressure sky rocketed to 210/130. Ya Allah, should he become that unlucky, he would have picked up stroke at the same time.

Another gentleman, a regular customer, presented with shortness of breath. He's a long term smoker, and it is widely recognised now that smoking can cause you asthma-like condition(COPD). This will constantly attack you as the day gets darker, and fingers crossed, you are lucky if you can reach the hospital on time.

People will only realise the value of your lungs when they are gone. Believe me, this is a fact.

It's fascinating isn't it? Those smoking overseas trained engineers, doctors and accountants are just as stupid with the lowly educated villagers. I will not retract my words. Pardon me if I have no guts to say it to your face.

I can reserve my sympathy for the current older generation. 30 years ago, they had very little opportunities to go to school. In 30 years to come, fingers crossed I will still be able to maintain the feelings.

Personally, I feel the smokers are the biggest contributors to the downfall of Palestine. You donated a large chunk of Muslim money to the Israel. Aren't you proud of your achievement. I am pretty sure you are.

till next time,
assalamualaikum

2 comments:

Iza said...

yeahhh! aku pun br post entry psl smoking. i loike

Unknown said...

aku kreatif lagi kot.hehe.