Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Long day

Assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

It's 12.28 am, 14/ 1/ 14. My wife is asleep next to me, and so is the baby too. It has been a very long day indeed. 

It all started with routine waking up at 6.15. If it wasn't for Liverpool vs. Stoke, I would have had 6 hours of sleep minimal. I was already 2 hours short to begin with. Then came work, where ICU was full, and the number of patients in the ward is just astonishing. We've been working with the bed occupancy rate of more than 100% for the past many many months. 

It is evident that when the costs of living have escalated, people become poorer. Many of us in the urban areas are lucky enough to secure some insurance package for health reasons. Despite that, the number of beds in private hospital is limited. Therefore they will keep flocking in to the government hospitals. We used to boast around to our colleagues the next morning if we had a good (on) call. Nowadays, we hardly get to even think about it. 

We just know that we will come out as zombies the next day. Neither alive nor dead. 

Lol, we still love what we do really. Wait, the day didn't end at 5. The O&G team decided to send my brother in law's wife under the knife for caesarian section. I went in voluntarily to help. The baby is fine, alhamdulillah. It was the process of putting her to sleep that still traumatizes me. 

Tomorrow is public holiday. Now I need to try my best to fall asleep. Dozing off for 2 hours earlier surely will not help much.

Like a boss right?

till next time,
assalamualaikum

No comments: