Tuesday, March 08, 2011

The Future

Assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

It was a turbulent weekend for me, a mixture of joyful, nerve wrecking and also frustrating 2 days.

Yesterday was the last working day a House Officer for me. Officially it will all be over on March 10th, however I am taking leave for the last 3 days. It has been a long 2 years for me. Some have said time flies fast, but that does not seem to be the case for me. With so many ups and downs, I think I have become a better person.

The older you become, the more challenges you will face. It is a scary thought that it's you, yes YOU, need to be on your own 2 feet as age catches up. More responsibilities are placed on your shoulders, and your decision may affect millions. Even worse for me, as a doctor, they will come to me asking to save lives, as if I am God.

The tall order of to keep everyone happy is also another tough task to carry out. It needs no further elaboration here. I reckon maturity is an entity that we need to have, or rather develop, to be a leader, of your family to the least.

I guess what I am saying is now that I have reached a higher level of my career, I need to strive harder, to be better than what I am now.

I still have 5 more days to go, before I will be called as Medical Officer.

Putting that aside, the weekend, yeah. What about the weekend?

Started off with a bang, the committee members and I managed to gather our schoolmates to a reunion get together on Saturday. It was our first meet after 10 years. These people still look the same, some have gotten fatter, some have lost so much weight that they looked like 'mat pit'. Nevertheless, it was an event to remember. One month of hard labour haver paid off, and I couldn't help but to fall asleep while my sisters enjoying Hantu Kak Limah at 9 pm.


The next day, I was back at Kulim. A few of us gathered at Nassmir to watch Liverpool-Man Utd game. 3-1, what a night. Fernando who still echoes now and then. He is gone, and who needs him when we have Luis Suarez. Andy Carroll was given his long awaited debut, almost marked off with a superb assist to Dirk Kuyt. Kenny Dalglish, Happy Belated Birthday to you sir. You can't be more right, there is this belief in Anfield now. The fun to watch Liverpool is back.

There was another news that broke the heart of Malaysians on the same days. The people of Merlimau and Kerdau had had their say, and they voted for BN. I do not blame the defeat entirely on these relatively education lacking citizens, but rather partially must be finger pointed to Pakatan Rakyat. The entire mechanism is a mess.

Please rearrange the lines. Malaysians need a stable and strong opposition, if not a new government.

For everything that happens, there will be a reason behind it. I have fallen before, I refused to acknowledge the future can be entirely differently that you could have imagined. Allah knows best.



I leave you with this video Jason Lo - Evening News

Lyrics

till next time,
Assalamualaikum

2 comments:

abd said...

Weih, tu gambar kamera mana tu?

Unknown said...

ipod bro.aku dh upload kt fb!