Friday, October 16, 2009

A better option

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

It was less than a month ago I came back home(KL). This time is partly for raya open houses, and more importantly a much needed break from the stress I am currently facing.

I am now@TTDI.

I look at my life again, since the age of 16, I have been away from family for academic reasons. First it was MRSM Pengkalan Chepa(good time), then KDU, IMU and New Zealand. Yes, yet again, I am 350km away from KL.

From KDU onwards, I have always been in a group where I am(therefore we are) the senior most Malay. We have no seniors to look up to. Time and time, a minority group of Malays will fall, but I have proven, time and time I have the capabilities to survive. I survived KDU. I survived IMU. I am proud(bukan riak) to be the only Malay to have graduated from Medical School in Auckland. Auckland's medical school at 2007 was ranked 2 no 18 worldwide.

Now I am in Kulim, being one of the 4 most senior HO's. I care not about the title. I only want to survive this 2 years. I have decided that I want to come back here to KL. This is home.

I've had enough of being away from KL. If I were to go for another stint somewhere else, let me come home for a year or 2. In worst case scenario, I'll just take a year off and survive on locum.
I miss this place.

I don't hate Kulim at all. Kulim is fine rapidly developing place. People are friendly,good food and beautiful waterfalls everywhere.

Even if KL is as bad as Perlis for e.g., KL is home. I am a true true true KL boy. I was born in Petaling Jaya, had my childhood both in Damansara Utama and TTDI.

I am not as depressed as psychiatric textbooks, but I am not 100% myself yet. I know I will come good.

till next time,
assalamualaikum

No comments: