Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Precious Moment.

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

It was a hell of a night last night. It started pretty slowly. Everything was ideal till the clock turned 10 pm.

A 5 year old boy was admitted with the diagnosis of poor oral intake ? cause. The moment I saw him, not responsive to my call, I knew something is not right.

Long story short, he developed a convulsion shortly afterward.

Kulim, bearing the name of Hi Tech Park, does not have Paediactrics Intensive Care Unit. We had to support his breathing manually, and we had to keep that going from Kulim to Alor Star Hospital. The whole thing took 5 hours, and the constant pumping of adrenaline finally took its toll this morning.

It was very unusual for me to ask boss for a couple of hours off. I had too. I was not steady on my feet. We reached Kulim at 6 am. Again, from 10 pm till 6 am

Putting this aside, I felt happy that we managed to keep the boy alive. Though the mother was in tears, the effort that we put in was extraordinary.

I pray to Allah for his speedy recovery.

Sometimes, you don't need a thank you to keep you happy. Am I right?

till next time,
assalamualaikum

p/sYou don't know what you've got till it's gone..................

No comments: