Saturday, June 11, 2011

I need a break

assalamualaikum

In the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

It's a beautiful Saturday. It is the last day of the weekend in Kedah. Weekend is defined as Friday and Saturday here.

The weather is stunning, cool and breezy after a late night rain. It reminds me of New Zealand somehow. Funny enough, I missed Malaysia like crazy during my stint there. I tried to get a bit of Malaysia in everything I do. I played Malay songs everyday, ate Malaysian food and many more.

Where are you now, you might ask? Well, since I became a doctor, I have hardly been at home. If I don't go out, I'll be away doing extra work, i.e. locum. 2 things, firstly extra money, and secondly to improve my clinical knowledge.

I am not the type that likes to spend hours in front of my television set. Exception is for football matches and good movies.

In the next few months to come, I look forward to having a long deserved break. I haven't decided where to go, but I need a bit of fresh air. So many ups and downs recently, hence the reason why.

I believe this is a test from Allah. God willing, I will emerge stronger.

till next time,
assalamualaikum

p/s I'll be on call tomorrow.

No comments: