Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Not the Doctor

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

I would like to echo the sentiments played by Dian. We the doctors are insufficiently appreciated. Maybe we should finally say 'enough is enough'.

I just finished my on call. If I was a married man, both my wife and kids would be neglected. Why? I have no energy to last more than 2 hours after this text was prepared.

They keep on playing the tune ' We survived this before, so why can't u? '.

As if they never complained of the same thing.

If the previous generation survived with the old Proton Saga, I don't see the reason why the current senior doctors should contemplate the idea of buying a Toyota Camry.

If the previous generations were so fantastic, then they should stick to open laparotomy, and should be content with so many risk of rebleeding and infections.

People get better once improvements have been made.

Why force people to work after they have run tirelessly for more than 24 hours? They are robots, aren't they?

We, the doctors, are so tired to even form a union to fight for our rights.

Back in New Zealand previously, the House Officers and Registrars went for a 2 day strike. The consultants had to bow to their requests eventually.

I am now in Malaysia, Kit Chung is surviving well in Auckland

The teachers? They have so much time that they requests here and there every year. Better still, they get what they want!

The doctors are overutilised. No wonder they run to private practice once the compulsory service is over.

Arghhhh, why should I complain.

The previous super fantastic, awesome and marvellous doctors survived their time, didn't they?
They never complained too I believe.

Yeah right.

till next time,
assalamualaikum

p/s I am listening to Alanis - Not the Doctor.

1 comment:

Iza said...

wallaweh..mentioned nama aku tuh. :)
i couldn't agree more with everything u said. we're just too damn tired to even complaint. dan yeah...
aku paling benci bila keluar perkataan "dulu"..