Sunday, May 18, 2008

curi masa

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

I have not written a proper entry for quite some time now. I have been busy lately. Maaf ye..

There are too many problems in this world nowadays. It happens everywhere, not only in Malaysia. Another problem is too many people want to talk, as if they are experts in that particular issues. Leave it to the real experts, and do not use what you think or feel as an argument. You will end up look like an immature 7 year old boy when actually you are e.g. 23 years old.

I am no expert too on the other hand. I am merely sharing my insight, and happy to be corrected if I am wrong, even if it means I have to swallow my pride. I try to use facts and figures to back my points, and I am still a human after all. Everyone makes mistakes.

ayat yang popular dan tiada kaitan dengan entry ni -
"Everybody lies" - Greg House(heheh)

When one talks about Islamic/Malay issues, it is 90% wrong to say 'Inilah masalah bangsa kita', Inilah Melayu' or 'Melayu, standard la tu'. I do that too, without meaning it when I say it. That is just so wrong. There are still many who rise to the expectation. Some have proved in many fields that they are the best, if not better than others.

Let's look in another perspective. Christians have been dogged with problems too. They are no longer practiced RELATIVELY(with time,place) in the Western countries. You hear many stories priests get charged in courts for sodomising, being pedophiles, Protestants vs Catholics and many more. You will know all these if you read newspapers of course.

Look at Buddha. They have their problems too. Many leaving their religion, for instance.

Look at atheist. They have troubles deciding what's best for them. 100 atheists with different style of thinking will find it difficult to find common grounds.

I emphasize, it's a huge mistake to generalise your statement. Don't make yourself look like a dumb. Rather than thrash talking on blogs, mamak or newspapers why don't we translate these words into action?

Mengembalikan Sikap Peduli/Being Ignorant
I'm sure that it(being ignorant) happens to everyone regularly. I do not need to explain, Quran says in Surah Al-Anaam,

52. Dan janganlah kamu mengusir orang-orang yang menyeru Tuhannya di pagi dan petang hari, sedang mereka menghendaki keridhaanNya. Kamu tidak memikul tanggung jawab sedikitpun terhadap perbuatan mereka dan merekapun tidak memikul tanggung jawab sedikitpun terhadap perbuatanmu, yang menyebabkan kamu (berhak) mengusir mereka, (sehingga kamu termasuk orang-orang yang zalim)

till next time
assalamualaikum

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Reading your post today makes me wonder either:

1) what is the main issue/point that you are making here, seems incoherent to me
2)you are making a cynical argument, in which if it is deliberately done, it is a clever one
3)you are making fun of yourself,it seems to me the post and the examples are over-generalized statements anyway.

Stand to be corrected? You bet.

Unknown said...

this is what I was talking about :

When one talks about Islamic/Malay issues, it is 90% wrong to say 'Inilah masalah bangsa kita', Inilah Melayu' or 'Melayu, standard la tu'. I do that too, without meaning it when I say it. That is just so wrong. There are still many who rise to the expectation. Some have proved in many fields that they are the best, if not better than others.

Some Malays/Muslims look down at their own people.it's wrong.they fail to see other races/religions are not free from troubles too.

it is not my style to attack other parties.my intention is to correct the mindset of my people.

Anonymous said...

Well explained. I agree with most of it except I would like to wonder on the question why some people look down on their race, I personally think both are to be blamed
1) their experience with their own people which prove the negative stereotype
2) of not helping nor changing the stereotype (your exact arguement)

I guess there is some truth is what Nietzsche has to say: men are not born equal.