Sunday, April 27, 2008

Conservative Malays

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

Long have I wanted to discuss this issue - Malaysian Christians' request on using Allah in Bible. Few reasons have stopped me from doing so, mainly due to my lack of knowledge to justify my thoughts. Precisely, there are 2 requests, one is using Allah and secondly having Bible in Malay.

Many(not most) conservative Malays rejected this request. They cited this would endanger the aqidah of Muslims. They came up with other claims too. I dare not discuss this issue in length. Honestly I am no expert. Dr. Asri(Mufti Perlis) wrote on this,

Beza Antara Merebut Nama Allah Dan Mempertahankan Akidah
[preview]Justeru itu kita lihat, orang-orang Kristian Arab memang memakai perkataan Allah dalam Bible mereka, juga buku-buku doa mereka. Tiada siapa pun di kalangan para ulama kaum muslimin sejak dahulu yang membantahnya.

Even if they come up with thousand languages of Bible, we should not be afraid. The focus should be getting the Muslims to read the Quran, rather than the opposite. Allah says in Quran, Al-Baqarah.

2. Kitab (Al Quran) ini tidak ada keraguan padanya; petunjuk bagi mereka yang bertaqwa

To BECA web admins, congrats on the new and improved website. There is still room for improvement. I hope wider range of articles and discussions will be posted in the future. We don't want to get only the same readers, we want to expand it. Don't rest on your laurels yet, bak kata Dr Mahathir "Perjuangan Ini Belum Selesai".

Yes, there is still a few things we can do to help the Palestinians. I have not donated any money yet, but you don't have to wait for to initiate. Take some initiative, make some moves and I will follow you definitely.


You don't have to be a genius to figure out why I picked no 13 on my Germany jersey. Ballack almost single handedly beat MU last night. I hope he won't repeat this feat this Wednesday. hehe..


till next time,
assalamualaikum

1 comment:

Azman said...

Kalau nak diikutkan lah, aku indifferent kalau Bible ni dicetak dalam BM. Maybe even biased towards preventing the ban of printing Bible in BM. (Read carefully, preventing the ban does no mean I will carry a banner supporting the print of Bible in BM. I'm simply saying it should be allowed)

In order to reveal Islam to everyone, Quran itself tells us to look for common grounds between different faiths and start there. Kalau takde Bible yang dicetak dalam BM, macam mana orang Melayu yang tak faham English nak baca Bible? Kalau tak boleh baca, macam mana nak cari common grounds?

Yes, I said it. Apa salahnya orang Islam baca Bible? Dekat bookshelf aku, Bible dengan Tafsir Quran aku letak sebelah menyebelah. Dah hampir 3 tahun. Tak pernah gaduh pun dua buku tu. Heheh.