Wednesday, February 27, 2008

General Election 12th Part 2

assalamualaikum
in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

Looking back at the news few days back, BN or UMNO specifically mentioned they will male Kelantan "Tamadun Islam'', together with so many Islamic programmes included in the plans. If anything, the non-Muslims should be more afraid of UMNO than PAS. Why? UMNO is trying to project themselves as the champions when it comes to religous matters/

Two questions here :
- Why Kelantan? Is UMNO trying to say they are less Islamic in other states?
- Are the non-Muslims ready for a more 'extreme' Islam here?

Look. Islam is Islam, as what the Prophet Muhammad, the messenger has taught us. He has taught us to be moderate in all matters.

Now read gain those questions. No answer is a wrong answer here. I would think this is nothing more than a gimmick to win the hearts of Malay voters. The impression that I get here is UMNO is trying to become more Islamic now. If non-Malays are truly scared of Islam, they should cast their votes to PAS, because UMNO is now more Islamic than PAS. Makes sense, right?

It's weird. People are willing to go extreme for power, money and women.

That's my humble opinion. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I have added some new links at the academic bar. Links from both the opposition and BN are available now.

In ideal world, I would state my preferred side here. ain't gonna happen.......

till next time
assalamaulaikum

No comments: