Tuesday, May 08, 2012

Papa

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

It is 1 am, and I do not feel sleepy yet. It takes to get used to the feeling that your loved one has left you, forever.

It was just another Friday for me last week. I hadn't seen my wife for 2 weeks, so I decided to spend some time in Melaka with her. I last saw my dad Tuesday last week, when we watched the Kelantan Kedah game together. I went to sleep after the game, and so did he.

Wednesday was my locum, and the day after I had to stay for my on call. Therefore, Friday I thought I should be in Melaka. In the evening I went online to book for 2 tickets. At first when I received the call from Ana(my sister), I thought it was just another call from her, so I decided not to pick up, since I was in the movie. She called again, and I felt something was not right. She was crying, and said 'Papa pengsan".

I immediately left the building, and told my wife that we needed to drive back to KL, as soon as possible. We never packed, and I was in constant contact my sisters, tried telling them what to do. I couldn't think straight, I don;t know what made me call Collin, but I did. I told him, my brothers have started CPR. What a good man he was, he ran immediately from his place to give his best shot to help reviving my dad.

Along the way, another sister called, telling me 'papa dah takde'. I was already quiet when we started to drive from Melaka. I did not drive. I told my wife 'if you think you can drive any faster than me, then, please, drive the car'. She took the key without question.

The moment we reached TTDI, tears started flowing down. I just couldn't help it. There was a large crowd when we reached home. I never planned what to do or how to react. I first hugged my brother, and soon after, I went in. I was in disbelief with what I saw.  Believe me, I can't remember when was the last time I cried this bad.

Being a doctor, seeing dead bodies is a norm. You get numbed after seeing one case after another. It doesn't make you treat the next one any worse, however. You always try to give your best to keep one alive, and sometimes you are lucky, and sometimes you just have find your way to sleep through the night. This time, It was my dad.

Everyone knows 'nobody lives forever'.

Today is Day 3 since his passing. I thank everyone, especially my mother, my syblings, relatives, friends and colleagues. The support that we have had is extraordinary. My mother has been the pillar of strength for all of us. It is not that easy to let the memory go away just like that. She had 36 years together with him, went through ups and downs with him. 

We sorely miss you pa. None of us can afford to be alone at the moment, otherwise tears would be shed. Everything at home reminds us of papa.

We hope you are doing fine there. We will try to send you gifts everyday.We know you are watching us, and hopefully we will make you happy everyday. To be where we are now, we are thankful that Allah lent you to us. It is an unforgettable journey that we have had.

It is beyond our imigination that you have exerted so much impact to the public as well. They have written so many thing about you pa.

FICKRY YAACOB DALAM KENANGAN

DR ASRI - AYAHANDA FICKRY! Saya tangisi pemergian ini

Fickry, Anak Kelantan dan Karangkraf

Al-Fikrah


Take care, pa.

till we meet again.

assalamualaikum

No comments: