Wednesday, August 17, 2011

RM50

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

I was going to start packing up for tomorrow's homecoming journey. Out of nothing, I suddenly feel the urge to write.

It all occurred in August 15th, 2 days ago. A patient with Chronic Rheumatic Heart Disease was admitted for transportation purpose for his follow up at IJN (National Heart Institute). As I was seeing him, I felt all the troubles in the world had disappeared.

He's a young boy, less than 12 as far as I can remember. His mother came to see me a couple of weeks ago, asking to sign his welfare application form. I asked the mother 'are you both well prepared for tomorrow?' and 'how much did they ask you to pay during your last visit?' .

The answer was RM50. I'm pretty confident to the many of you will have no qualms paying that. Deep inside I knew RM50 means the world to them.

They returned to Kulim last night. To my surprise, they were asked to now pay RM350. I suppose you can tell how much would they be able to pay? I assumed they had brought RM50 again, but how much do you know about them right? They could only afford RM30, and kudos to IJN for treating them well. Allah knows your virtues and you will insyaAllah be rewarded for your good deeds.

This event makes me think. We will achieve our 54th Independent Day since 1957. Moving towards 2020 and lauding your near 0 poverty means nothing. I repeat, nothing. How responsible are our leaders?

Both PR and BN, please wake up. Your hatred towards each other does not benefit the rakyat at all. Until today, I do not know what will this boy's family have for their iftar and the coming Eid.

I strongly hope PPZ will be more generous in distributing their zakat collection.

I thank Allah for sending me to Kulim. There are still a lot more to learn.

till next time,
assalamualaikum

No comments: