Sunday, November 11, 2007

BERSIH-NYA

Assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most gracious the Most Merciful

ever since Datuk Seri Anwar Ibrahim was sacked, I have been an avid follower of Malaysian politics. I rarely show my passion nowadays, mainly because of Akta Universiti dan Kolej University(AUKU). I fear my thoughts will be misquoted, thus it prevents me from being expressive sometimes.

Nevertheless, I can't stress it highly enough that one must back his opinions only with valid evidences. Why? Slandering is strictly prohibited in Islam, not only because it creates a malfunctioning society but affects the civilisation of a nation. That's the situation in Malaysian. One party constantly accuses another for whatever reasons they have.

You might wonder why of all sudden I'm writing this. You might have come across the issue of BERSIH. BERSIH is a coalition of 67 NGOs and the opposition parties formed for asking a greater transparency in the elections. So they went to the streets in KL for a peaceful demonstration in November 10th, coincidentally on my birthday.

-definitely not 4000 here-

Speaking with no inclination towards any sides, I'd totally understand why the Opposition and the NGOs are so frustrated with the Government. Looking at the reports by Harakahdaily, Jeff Ooi, The Star, Utusan and several other websites, you will definitely wonder which side is telling the truth. HarakahDaily came up with a figure of approximately 100 000 turning up for the demonstration, Jeff Ooi with 40 000 and The Star with only 4000. Come on, whoever you prefer to support, you just can't help the feeling that The Star is the culprit here.

I have always stressed that it is very important one reads both sides of each story you hear or read. I'm sure you go to Mamak X after you found Mamak Y does not offer you good food. Why did you that? because you are comparing 2 sides, and you then pick the best. As mentioned in the Quran

Surah al-Maidah: 8:(maksudnya): Wahai orang-orang yang beriman, hendaklah kamu semua sentiasa menjadi orang-orang yang menegakkan keadilan kerana Allah, lagi menerangkan kebenaran; dan jangan sekali-kali kebencian kamu terhadap sesuatu kaum itu mendorong kamu kepada tidak melakukan keadilan. Hendaklah kamu berlaku adil (kepada sesiapa jua) kerana sikap adil itu lebih hampir kepada taqwa. Dan bertaqwalah kepada Allah, sesungguhnya Allah Maha Mengetahui dengan mendalam akan apa yang kamu lakukan”.

I hope whatever I write will be taken maturely. Whatever mistakes in my posts, do let me know. In 2 different hadiths

Nabi s.a.w bersabda: Cukuplah untuk seseorang itu dianggap berdusta dengan dia menceritakan setiap yang dia dengar(Riwayat Muslim). Kata al-Imam Malik bin Anas (meninggal 179H): Ketahuilah, tidak selamat seseorang yang menceritakan setiap apa yang dia dengar, dan seseorang tidak menjadi imam (pimpinan) sama sekali apabila dia menceritakan setiap yang dia dengar”. (Riwayat Muslim dalam Muqaddimah Sahihnya).

I hope at this time you will the relevance of me providing the link of Dr. Asri's Bersikap Adil Dalam Penilaian.

As for me, with regards to malaysian politics, I listen/read to every party's opinions. Only there and then I make judgement.

the links to few of many websites I visit are provided in the sidebar.

till next time
assalamualaikum


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

salam,

same case with you, sometimes reading the news frustrates me even greater than before, but then reading the star, harakah daily , the star, and wasilah can be 'fun' in it's own way. One case and four different story =)

Some times, I think i'd like to smash some politician in my blog, but then, like you say, this can lead to slandering, therefore, I just left a little bit here and there, didnt talk about it much in blog.

azzahra said...

gudluck dgn results exam

Unknown said...

naimdnin : betul2..harap2 ia sesuatu yg boleh dibaiki utk masa depan...

azza : thanks, i'll be back at KL this Saturday.wohoo!!