Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Wedding

Assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

Today I had the discuss with my friend regarding wedding, as in what is ideal and fits our culture.

I think we have long blindly followed the custom without questioning it. We have got ourselves into a expensive and tedious affair.

In Malaysia alone, we have Utara, Kelantan, Terengganu and Melaka Malays.The list goes on and on. What fascinates me is that between these small states, the custom varies significantly.

As far as I can understand, you can expect your wallet to thin faster should your partner come from Northern states, in term of spending for the wedding.

I am not a die hard fan of this you see.

Moreover when you see that most Northern Malays are not wealthy in general.

There are many things that you find it difficult to fathom throughout our lives. Some of them, we have just to swallow it in, despite its bitter taste.

till next time,
assalamualaikum

p/s would love to exchange ideas with you readers.

No comments: