Monday, January 18, 2010

Choosing Headlines

assalamualaikum

in the name of Allah the Most Gracious the Most Merciful

Sorry for the lack of updates. I am still recovering from flu. Now I'm coughing out greenish phlegm, a good sign but its inconvenient.

There aren't too many exciting events in the past few days. Some who don't read a lot, would think that racial tension only happens in Malaysia. In Nigeria, the Christians and Muslims are fighting each other. The stated reason,

The fighting started when Christian youths protested the building of a mosque in Christian-dominated Nassarawa Gwom district, where houses and vehicles were also set alight, residents said.
[Malaysiakini]

This won't make headlines of course. Had the Muslims started it, we would have been shot from all possible angles.

Meanwhile, in Malaysia, the battle is far from over. Some sections are adamant with their request, and some are willing to compromise, and some, don't even know what is happening in the country. The Government shouldn't allow this issue go unsolved until the trial comes. It's in March isn't it?

KUANTAN: Seventeen Muslim non-governmental organisations and 13 Christian ones in Pahang have got together to seek a consensus over the issue of attacks on houses of worship.[The Star]

The news of above has at least brought some comfort to the disgruntled Malaysians. To the majority, we can live side by side with Malays, Indians and Chinese. Some with political missions, are capitalising on every single issue possible to achieve another milestone, or to strengthen their grip on the power.

My previous experience in KDU, 6 Malays, 2 Indians,2 Chinese and 1 Sabahan lived together with harmony. We respected well each others' cultural and religious beliefs. We, some Malays, even fell for this 1 Chinese girl. She's cute and so soft spoken.


I will be coming home this Thursday. Home is KL, I mean. The car will be ready by this Saturday, and it's been ages since I last saw my family. I missed them. Being sick at the moment doesn't help me at all.

If only the holiday for the house officers in Malaysia was as good as the medical officers', I would want to stay in KL until this Sunday. My schedule needs me to be at Kulim by 3 pm. It's not ideal. The car is to be collected and driven home this Saturday at 8 am, and I should be leaving KL by 11am the latest. Can I cry, please?

No, I am not a girl.

As for now, my heart is set for this coming weekend.

My HTC P360i is giving me troubles. It needs to be charged daily now. Lend me RM2000, will you?

till next time,
assalamualaikum

p/s to all my fellow Liverpool, remember. You'll Never Walk Alone.

2 comments:

Iza said...

"We, some Malays, even fell for this 1 Chinese girl. She's cute and so soft spoken"...*cough cough*... haahahahaha!

Iza said...
This comment has been removed by the author.